Debian 7.0.1 "wheezy" aka live-* 3.x
Debian 8.0 "jessie" aka live-* 4.x
- check everything to use conf.d really everywhere (interfaces.d, fstab.d, etc.).
- debian de-branding, make it as nice as possible for derivatives.
- decide on point '4' from earlier about /lib/live/* stuff and multifs-images
- finish scripts transition.
- add port to dracut.
- add support for 'new' roofs encryption using losetup with cryptoloop et al.
- finalize on dpkg/debhelper-ish config tree layout.
- support building multiple images combinations from one config tree and in a row.
- support building foreign binary images in proper.
- get rid of templates/ and stuff everything into bootloaders/
- mdadm hook incomplete, needs to remove the mdadm initramfs hook,
and then rebuild initrd to be effective.
- netboot: include non-free firmware in both the installer and the live initrd.
- confirm that non-free is in sources.lists for non-free images when installed (preseed that for d-i)?
- review the contents/structure of .disk
- review the content/structure of binary/ for all binary images
- support pinning of udebs
- get as far as possible with rewriting individual helpers in Python
- include an ext4 secondary partition on the image (10mb or so) configured for persistence and resize it on first boot with persistence from within live-boot.
- move live/filesystem.dir to live/filesystem
- use live-debconfig for everything.
- improve support when being run with persistence (so that still the system is 'reconfigured' on boot).
- gconfg -> gsettings or whatever migration, is done, does it work?
- revamp persistence script and manpage
Debian 9.0 "no-name-yet" aka live-* 5.x
- add GUI and web frontends.
- setup ikiwiki for live-build.debian.net
- re-organize autobuild layout in live-manual
- use filter-command in irker