RFC - Multiple Architecture on one Image
The idea is to implement support for having different architecture of the same distribution on one live image.
defaults.sh needs to parse config/foo first, then config/foo.$arch second.
lb config needs to understand architectures as a seperate context:
- 'lb config -a amd64' will apply on config/*.amd64 files.
- 'lb config -a i386' will apply on config/*.i386 files.
- 'lb config -a any' will apply on config/* files (default).
lb build needs to understand architectures as a seperate context:
- 'lb build -a amd64' will only build the amd64 images.
- 'lb build -a all' will build all possible architecture images (default).
- Use filesystem.list to specify which filesystems need to be mounted in which order.
- Needs to mount and copy any architecture independent filesystem image (filesystem.all.squashfs) first.
- Needs to mount and copy any architecture dependet filesystem image (filesystem.i386.squashfs) second.
- If lacking any of above, look normally for a single filesystem image (filesystem.squashfs).
- Needs to prepared to incorporate additional menu entries.
- Needs to autodetect the default architecture (ifcpu64.c32).
- If using gfxboot, there should be an architecture switch to choose the architecture from.