Everything that worked with live-initramfs works with live-boot/live-config, except for the following things:
- temporarily no serial console support during booting. this will be added back in some time.
- the locale script temporarily doesn't automatically configures the keyboard when a 'short' locale is specified (like locales=de).
- factor out netbase (4.x).
- integrate support for systemd
- integrate support for upstart
- disable udev
- disable update-initramfs
- reimplement based on the way https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/friendly-recovery/ interacts with upstart,
see also http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2013/05/msg01288.html
- making plugins post- and pre- login processing
- verify modifications with a d-i sample installation.
- allow some scripts (most prominently locales) to be run even in persistent mode.
- use verbose/quiet/interactive modes for scripts.
- use logfile.
- enable display managers only if they are the selected one.
- when not using persistency, do not import options into the debconf db.
- cleanup the scripts order and splitting.
- check if we have the most important scripts for ubuntu so that live-config supports both.