- gtk d-i true for squeeze
- volatile, backports
- btrfs support
- extlinux support -> check d-i from ext partitions in cdrom-detect
- tmpfs support
- implement globaly shared caches
- update d-i handling for new Xorg based gui installer
- put default configs into a git repository so that the cgi clones from them
- fix build failures with -p minimal and local packages
- add extlinux as bootloader
- binary_debian-installer fails when cpio is not available (should use chrooted cpio)
- update to use syslinux-themes-debian
- trusted keys from local repository are not removed again.
- finish usb-zip support.
- finish grub on usb.
- fix size issues in the desktop images (tasksel usage screwup).
- "common" source packages must include other architectures packages (e.g. bootloaders) too.
- build 'all-in-one' dvd.
- finish image-name option and other temporary branches.
- think about prebuilt alternatives images with grub instead of syslinux.
- make lb invocation to build installer-only images possible.
- add bash completion.
- create log file per default
- support global cache in /var/cache/live-build
- parse options only once
- parse config only once
- review all config value names, use ini format for config tree and stabilize it
- finish documentation and manpages
- allow to completely build off-line from cache, including 'faked' indices for remote mirrors.
- allow to build for cross-architectures (binfmt where possible, otherwise two stage debootstrap with qemu emulation).
- interactive mode should set debconf frontends to interactive and priority to low.
- merge different tarball compressions into tar-gz, tar-bz2, etc., same way as usb-hdd and usb-zip.
- support building multiple binary images in a row.
- support building images without root (fakeroot, fakechroot, sudo etc).
- improve webfrontend, use http://linuxcoe.sourceforge.net/ for inspiration.
- add a flag to make use of tmpfs for the build directory automatically.
- create --report-config option
- create --validate-config option
- define modes by dropping files with variables into modes.d/ directory
- improve Check_defaults() to cover more wrong combinations/values
- improve --clone (see bootcd for inspiration).
- add debconf prompts to make setup automatic
- add FAQ to index page
- remove unavailable packages from apt list
- fix debian-live packages lists
- populate bootloader configuration with both regular netinstall and
- support partial squashfs images
- review pre-cached chroot mechanism and fix regression with config/binary_rootfs/excludes
- support read-ahead and squashfs -sort
- add usb-zip and usb-gpt support.
- redo configfile stuff
- use custom theming from /usr/share/$bootloader-theme-$foo
- add gfxboot helper
- add extlinux support
- update for syslinux 6:
- since syslinux 5 and syslinux 6 themes are incompatible due to path changes,
move syslinux 6 bootloaders to proper capitalized includes (e.g. config/bootloaders/ISOLINUX).
- make initrd compression configurable, e.g. lzma instead of gzip.
- divert update-initramfs during chroot stage, only (re)build initrd once in chroot_hacks.
- make source images apt-get'able
- also cache source packages to avoid re-downloading
- introduce source mirrors so that we can have mirrors to fetch source packages from being different from those where we fetch debs from (not all mirrors carry sources, unfortunately).